Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Singapore!


There are so many things I miss about being home, but most of them will be, being with family and friends.... The weird part about it all, you only realize this when you are far away, in a far far away land, with no such things as Starbucks or shopping mall or cinema that plays movies in English or one decent bookstore for me to buy books!! Need I say more....

Celebrating National Day in Singapore is a big thing.. and where we live, you can just stand outside and watch the fireworks, and we have one of the best fireworks (cos I say so!!).. hahahah

I will miss watching the parade with my family and probably getting excited with my nephew and niece, but, I will think and smile of what it may be for the night... :)

Enjoy the parade you irritating people.. hehehe

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Idah,

I can understand how u feel abt this....might be a different things for u (don't be sad okay, cheer up)

Hmm as for me, it ain't not much different cuz it has always been this & that abt the celebration.

Btw, thks for calling my sis last few mths....means a lot to us.

i did notice that my sis told me she heard ur cat meow at background....do u hv a cat?!

Idah's Family Bluez said...

Hi Supiahton,

You're welcome with regards to your sis.. and I am glad all is well.

I have 2 cats, 10 months, they are better knows as rascals, Sasi and Dada.

National Day Celebration has always been a big thing for us, we get to watch the fireworks from the our home balcony, we live in Toa Payoh, and watching the parade, fireworks whether with family or friends has always been a tradition... and its nice..

Take care and thanks for writing on the blog...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Idah, it's me again *grin*

Wow! two cats at home?! do i get a chance to see your cats picz?! Fyi, i've two cats also but now adding another, a kitten at home. Total of 2 cats & a kitten...hehehe

Such a warm family & friends u had to celebrate National Day when u were back home then.

Well i will send ur regards to my sis. Hope to drop by again at ur blog sooner or later okay.

Don't forget to update me abt ur cats. Simply can't resist this feline when i see or hear abt it.

Take care & big hugs from me here.

Brecht said...

Da, i got the night off hehehe My out laws looked after Nora so B & I could go out and paint the town red = ) Yeah i told B that some day we must go watch the parade LIVE. On our list of a zillion things to do before we both kick the buckett ; ) Perhaps the Spore Embassy there will prganise something? They do it here but in September.

Idah's Family Bluez said...

mush!
i know, i saw the blog...
heheh

glad you enjoyed the night out!
talk tomorrow okie...
take care! :D