Monday, September 25, 2006

1st day of Ramadhan

Ramadhan is the month where heaven doors will be opened and hell gates closed. They didnt state anything about doors of several deadly sins to be open 24 hours a day...

I thought going to market, cooking, spring cleaning my room, stand in the kitchen making "roti jala" would be a breeze... it was the mother of all wrongs!!

If my feet, arms, tummy could speak, they would shout vulgarities at me, telling me to slow down, facts and common sense would say, our body is in shock, it needs time to adjust to this fast...

Ilhan made it worse by drinking cold water in front of me. FAINT!

I was so beat, I wondered how I could sit and stare at 100 Plus cold drink and "bandung" (concoction of rose syrup and evaporation milk) and not just guzzle the whole jug, but, yes I made it till 7pm on 1st day.

To all Muslims going through fasting during Ramadhan, Have a Blessed Month.

1 comment:

Brecht said...

Well done, you made it through the first day! Tough BUT you made it! Thats all that matters kid! Sahur minum kopi banyak2lah!Couragous hugs from us all in Belgium!