Friday, September 22, 2006

Ramadhan - Fasting Month

This is the part where I am to write about the religious obligations on fasting, and how one is to do it and etc.

Ramadhan to me, when I was a child, it was an excuse why there was no food on the table, we only eat once a day, and we thank Lord for filling our tummy and we look upon the rest of the world where food is scare.

As I grow up, and thinking starts to change, practicality and maturity kicks in, the part where you questions things or do as your Mum says, I wish I could say the latter, but, this is what made me the person I am today.

I started fasting only years ago, and there would be days when I would not fast, not because I am insulting religion or making fun of the idea of one person starving from sunrise till sunset, but more because I want to fast because I want to, not because someone wants me to.

The days I fast, would be the days I realise, how the hungry kids in some parts of the world must be feeling, and of my past, where you need to wait every 2 weeks to eat egg sandwich. It makes me feel humble, not to waste food, to look at people differently, and not to judge by the material things you own or see.

My present life, I can walk in to any restaurant today and have a fill of any meat, veg., a scrumptous meal, leave your half full plate and walk out being full, bloated and knowing I have just built calories, yet again and feel guilty about it

Let's see how many days I can manage to fast this year and know I am doing it with all my heart.

So, to all the Muslims out there, I wish all a Peaceful Ramadhan and God Bless!

No comments: