Friday, October 06, 2006

Some Fridays Are Not Meant for Partying...

Friday is finally here, i can sit up and smile at everyone in the office, and even allow them to make stupid not-so-funny jokes, and laugh along at some of them.

Today (Thurs, Canadian time), one of Lars truck driver skidded off the road, fell into a ditch and was killed instantly. I think it took them all by surprise, it shook everyone up, i know it shook Lars up a bit, the trucker was only 23 years old.

It's things like this, that makes you want to go home, hug your family real tight, and pray to the Lord for their safety while on and off the road.

I can't remember the last time i have not said enough to Lars to drive safely, stop if you are tired, get off the road, have a shut eye and continue with your journey. Life is such, you never know what will happen next, and the best thing to do, is be careful, do your best and leave the rest to the Upper Level. There are some things you do not have control of.....

To those who drives truck for a living, i say, take care and keep safe!
To Lars, sweetie, please drive safely this weekend! It's a very very long drive from home.


Life Of A Truck Driver

Rolling down that lonesome highway,
Staring sundown in the face.

Knowing not my destiny,
Or even my next place

I turn the radio up to muffle out the sound,
Of a giant diesel engine,
Wheels going round and round.

Longing for a friend,
In the next town I can find,

Rolling down those lonesome highways
Staring at the line.

Family on my mind,
Far back at home,

As I go rolling down that lonesome highway,
Feeling so all alone.

The driver's life ain't easy,
It's not meant to be,

Driving down that lonesome highway,
Bringing products in for you and me.

No comments: